Due to rain, meeting location was moved twice resulting in a low meeting attendance. Because many key constituents were not present a number of conversations were to be moved online to the google group.
No final decisions were made, but there are important Action Items and Decisions (see below) that should be addressed before the next meeting scheduled for next Tuesday 9/11 at 6:30 PM.
Stephan von Muehlen, Konstantin Prishep, Robyn Smith, Jordan Hall, Zack Joslow, Kallie Weinkle, Gregory Sogorka, Miriam Schwimmer
Agenda Items Completed:
1) If there are no objections, the name for the film screening event can be what was originally proposed by 596 Acres in Paula Segal’s proposal.
MVG Project Updates:
1) Movie Screenings: (Stephan)
- One or both proposed dates are on Saturdays (the sabbath). Moving the screening to an alternative day was suggested to include the hasidic community. Miriam encouraged us to keep the dates we currently have noting that the hasidic community will not attend, and perhaps would not even support, a movie screening regardless of the day. Rest of conversation to be moved online.
- The name for the event was discussed briefly, and it was generally agreed upon that the original name as suggested in the 596 Acre proposal was fine.
2) Sukkot Festival: (Miriam)
- This is put on Hold. The family that was coordinating the event has begun to look at different locations. They do not currently have an alternative location, however it was expressed that they are not going to put forth the effort to get an alternative agreement from the DEP to hold an event that is not allowed via our current agreement.
- Consensus was that MVG would like to do something to include the Hasidic community during Sukkot, especially since the movie screening are a bit exclusive towards their culture. Miriam has been charged with the task of conceiving of an event and getting some people to help run and coordinate. Miriam has suggested a petting zoo.
3) Feedback Farms Update: (Kallie & Gregory)
- Soil and Supersacks to build phase 1 have been delivered to the lot.
- In order to complete construction of the beds, Flex Drain needs to be ordered, are waiting on response from the Flex Drain company, once order is placed allow 10-14 days for delivery
- Goal is to complete build out by the first movie screening and opening day
4) Soil Donation 1/10 acre Farms: (Jordan)
- Approximately 200 cubic yds, or enough soil to cover the entire lot with approx 6″ or make a 1500sq ft pile 3′ deep, is available for donation. The soil is good quality and has been receiving amendments for the past few years.
- Jordan will be responsible for finding the funds necessary to have it delivered to the sight and handle logistics (ie big trucks)
- Time frame is tight, soil is supposed to be off site by this Saturday, although the date could (and will) be pushed back.
- MVG is to discuss and vote on if we want to receive the soil at the next meeting. This vote is to receive only, not to pay for anything.
- In addition to the soil, Jordan has also offered to donate wood for about 15 raised beds and 10 – 20 mature lavender plants
Upcoming Agenda Items:
1) Shopping List: (Stephan)
- Will come back around to this topic
2) Age Friendly Seating (Stephan)
- Long term, yes, we are all in and supportive
- Short term, there are more pressing issues, will revisit.
5) Although not addressed in the meeting, 596 Acres has also requested to add an addition film to the screening. An email was sent earlier in the week to the group. If there are no objections, it seems like that would be ok.
6) Jordan Hall from 1/10 Acre Farm has a lot of very useful and otherwise expensive soil, lumber, and plants he would like to donate and deliver to MVG. We will need to decide at the next meeting, but there were no objections raised at the meeting last night. (This seems like a great opportunity!)
7) The website is down! This needs to be addressed ASAP. I know that Paula S. had purchased the URL, and it may need to be updated.
8) All action items from last week are still open, including the shopping list. Let’s work on this this week through the google group.