Here are some other crucial things we discussed:
We agreed to create a google group for ease of communication among the Greeners. If you would like an invitation to be part of the on-line discussion, contact email@example.com.
INTERIM KEY POLICY: If you need a key to deliver materials or do any other prep work, there is one at Myrtle Pets, 642 Myrtle Avenue. Paula Segal and Eric Weil also have keys (as do Pratt Area Community Council and the Department of Environmental Protection). We are working with the goal of having the space be more open than closed by spring. For the time being, all activites at the site are directed towards getting it ready to be a public space.
- Scheduling a regular meeting
- Eric Weil showing off our new bulletin board
- Planning a process for determining the program for the space. Will we have gardens, domino tables, play space, a meditation labyrinth, murals, a dog run, or what?? And how exactly are we going to figure this out?
- Report back from Jannette Young about Resources available for turning the lot into a food production space
- Report back from James Bennett about applying for grants with August deadlines
- Report back from Paula Crespo about accessing our IOBY funds
Future Agenda Items:
- Re-connecting with schools in time for September programming to be planned
- Registering with GreenThumb for access to materials & support in the Spring (http://greenthumbnyc.org/ )